This Privacy Notice describes the practices of Kith Kitchens (“Kith”, “Company”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) regarding the collection and use of personal and other information concerning individuals (“user” or “you”) through our “Platform” (defined below).
Table of Contents
- Minors and Children
- Crossborder Transfer of Information
- Collection of Information
- Means of Collecting
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Use of Information
- Disclosure of Information
- Advertising Choices
- Privacy Choices
- Right to Access or Delete Information
- Security; Information Retention
- Links to Third Party Sites or Services
- Contact Us
This Privacy Notice describes what information we collect when a user has access to our Platform or interacts with us through our Platform. We also describe how we use, store and protect that information, with whom we share it, and the privacy choices available to each user.
>>By using our Platform, or providing information to us, you consent to our collection and use of your information as described in this Privacy Notice.
>>If you do not agree with such changes, you should cease using the Platform and promptly notify us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section.
2. Minors and Children
Our Platform is not directed to minors. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors. If we become aware that information pertaining to a minor has been collected, we will attempt to delete it as soon as possible.
3. Crossborder Transfer of Information
As we conduct business exclusively to customers shipping to the contiguous United States of America, the information we obtain from or about users may be processed or transferred to information centers located outside of the participating user’s country. The standards and laws that apply to the protection of personal information in these countries handling this data might be different from that which is afforded in your own. By using the Platform, you agree that (i) we may collect, use, and process your information in countries other than the country where you are located, and (ii) in these countries, information protection rules that may be different from those in effect in your country will apply.
The term “Platform” includes the following
- Our website(s) located at www.kithkitchens.com (“Site”)
- Our blogs (“Blogs”)
- Our social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Houzz, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest (“Social Medial Features”), and
- The HTML-formatted email messages and correspondence we exchange with you.
“Content” means the information, materials, articles, photos, audio or videos recordings and the like that we make available to users on or through the Platform.
“Communications” means the emails, text messages, phone calls or other ways through which we interact with users.
“Platform” means the Company’s Sites, Blogs, Social Media Features, Content, and/or Communications.
This Privacy Notice covers only our activities on or through our Platform. It does not address the information practices of any third party, unless as specified otherwise.
6. Collection of Information
To run our Platform, show users relevant content, and operate our business, we need to know a little about the user and the user’s interests. We outline what information we collect.
Information Collected Automatically
When a user interacts with our Platform, or click on a link that directs the user to our Platform, the user’s browser automatically provides, and we automatically collect and store, certain information about the user’s device (computer, tablet, smart phone,) and the user’s activities. This includes, for example:
- Preferences and settings: time zone, language, and character size;
- Identifiers: IP address; mobile device advertising identifier;
- Technical information: type of device, operating system name and version, device manufacturer, browser information (type, version), screen resolution;
- Connection: Internet service provider or mobile carrier’s name, connection speed and connection type;
- Information about use of the Platform: date stamp, URL of the last webpage visited before visiting our Platform, URL of the first page visited after leaving our Platform, pages viewed, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream information, queries made, search results selected, comments made, search history, type of service requested, purchases made;
- Payment information: payment history, manner of payment, date of payment, payment information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies; and
- General geographic location.
Information Provided by a User
When a user interacts with our Platform to register, request information, or otherwise, the user submits certain information that is directly tied to the user’s specific identity, including:
- Postal, email or other address;
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile);
- Mobile device ID number if accessing our Platform through a mobile application; or
- Specific activities on our Platform, for example purchases made, sales inquiries, request for assistance, or request for a document
- In the case of a job applicant, the information provided in, or attached to, the job application form.
Communication and Interaction
When we send a Communication to a user, or when the user accesses, responds to, or declines to open a Communication from us, send us an email or a text, or completes a form to contact us, we automatically collect and store certain information about the user, the user’s device (computer, tablet, smart phone,) and the user’s activities, such as:
- The user’s name and contact information;
- The nature and content of the Communication sent to, or received from, the user;
- The purpose of the interaction, and the action we took in response to the user’s inquiry or request;
- Whether the user opened our Communication or ignored it;
- Any action the user takes upon receipt of such Communication or request to receive documentation.
Some users may elect to register with us to obtain an account where they can store documents, information, links, and the like in accordance with the Terms & Conditions. When registering, the user is requested to provide contact information, such as name, email address, city, state, and country and to choose a password.
When a user is signed in to the user’s account, the user’s activities on the Platform are tracked and are associated with the user’s account. Such activities may include for example, posting a comment or submitting a question.
Information we Obtain from Third Parties
We may obtain information from third parties, for example third parties with whom we do business, such as strategic business partners, service providers, public information bases, or other third parties; or social media services to which our Platform might be linked.
We may collect and use information about a user that we obtain from third party information providers such as Google or Facebook. We obtain this information with assurance from these providers that the user has not objected to the collection and sharing of this information.
7. Means of Collecting Information
We (and our service providers) collect information in a variety of ways, such as through the methods identified below. Users can block the collection of certain information. Please see below the “Privacy Choices” section.
- Browsers, which automatically provide information about a user’s device, such as the device, type (Windows or Macintosh; IOS or Android), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version.
- User activities offline, which provide information about a user’s interests, for example, when a user interacts with us by telephone.
- Third party’s databases, such as public records, publicly available databases, joint marketing partners, and third-party providers.
- Cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, allow measuring and track general or specific user activities on our Site, and on third party websites. See also below, the “Cookies and Other Technologies” section.
- Browser information: browsers automatically provide each user’s IP Address, the time and duration of the user’s visit.
- Job Applicants, through the electronic communication and attachments that you send to us, such as emails sent to our firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
8. Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies, pixel tags and other technologies are used on our Platform to ensure that it functions properly, to give users a more personalized experience and to help us interact with users in accordance with their assumed interests.
Cookies can be “first party cookies” (served by us) or “third parties cookies” (served by others).
Our cookies are used to enable users to navigate our Platform and to use its features; to identify unique users and returning visitors, to collect information about users’ interests, choices and preferences and how they use our Platform so that we can improve the way it works, for security and authorization purposes. This includes, for example:
- Time spent on the Platform, pages visited, and traffic information;
- Recognizing a user when the user visits our Platform, and clicks from page to page;
- Identifying a returning user, storing on the user’s device the user’s personal settings, such as the user’s language and country;
- Helping a registered user log-in again when returning to visit the Platform;
- Collecting information about the user’s activities to infer the user’s assumed interests;
- Displaying information more effectively;
- Gathering statistical information about the use of the Platform to understand how it is used, and improve design and functionality;
- Tailoring our offers and advertisements so that they will most likely appeal to our users;
- Measuring the effectiveness of our Platform and help our engineers improve it, or develop new features and functionalities by understanding how users find us and what devices they are using;
- Track responses to our marketing and advertising campaigns; and
- For security purposes.
Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are used for functionality, performance, and analytics purposes. These Cookies collect and store automatically information about a user’s computer or mobile device, and the use of our Platform. This information is used in aggregate form.
We use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect and analyze information about the use of the Platform, and to report on the activities and trends. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and opt-out from the collection of your information by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. The practices of Google and other third party analytics services are subject to the third parties’ privacy policies over which we have no control. We encourage you to read their privacy policies.
How to Disable Cookies
Several methods are available to disable cookies. Please see the Help or Settings section of your browser.
Use of Information
Other than as described elsewhere in this Privacy Notice, we use the information collected from or about users for the following purposes:
- Provide the product information or services requested by the user;
- Fulfill purchases, user’s requests, or respond to comments or question;
- Provide service and support to users;
- Follow up with users and help resolve issues internally or with our third-party partners;
- Send administrative information to the user;
- Improve the user’s experience, such as by personalizing Content to the user’s preferences or interests or expedite the processing and completion of a transaction;
- Remember the user’s preference, such as language, font size, when using our Websites;
- Remember the user’s interests;
- Personalize the user’s online experience;
- Administer our Platform, diagnose technical problems, and otherwise manage our business;
- Facilitate the user’s use of the Platform;
- Allow the user to navigate or browse through our Platform quickly and efficiently;
- Personalize the user’s experience by presenting content that is tailored to that specific user based on what we know about that user.
- Keep records of contact information and correspondence
- Send marketing information, market research surveys,
- Communicate with the user about our activities;
- Facilitate social sharing, such as sharing content, through social media platforms;
- Allow the user to participate in events and administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose information about users. We recommend that you read these rules carefully; or
- In the case of a job applicant: to process the application, to interact with the applicant, and in case of an accepted job offer to plan and communicate with the applicant in preparation for the first days on the job.
We may study the collected information in aggregated and anonymized format to better understand and serve our users or for optimization of our marketing and ad targeting efforts. For example, we may compile statistics on the percentage of our users in a state or country who have a specific interest or purpose.
We may generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from information that users provide during registration (such as the total number of customers in a given category) to promote advertisements or products that appear on our Platform.
We also use user information to perform information analysis, audits, security and fraud monitoring and prevention; enhance, improve, or modify our Platform; identify usage trends; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; or operate or expand our business activities.
We use information about a user’s device to ensure that our Platform functions properly and is optimized for that user’s computer or device. We use IP address to derive approximate location of each user, to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems, detect fraud and spam behavior, and administer the Service.
10. Disclosure of Information
We share information with our suppliers, subcontractors, and other third parties who provide services to us (collectively “service providers”) in connection with advertising, hosting, information analytics, information technology and infrastructure, order fulfillment, shipping, delivery, mailings, auditing, and other related activities.
Our service providers are given only the information they need to perform their designated functions.
Social Media Networks
Please note that comments that are shared with Third-Party Services may become available to the public.
>>If you do not want your information to be shared with your social media account provider, or with other social media users, please do not connect your social media account with your Kith account and do not use the social sharing features on the Platform.
If you use credit cards, we do not have access to, and do not retain any payment card information. When you enter your payment information online, in connection with a purchase, it is immediately transmitted to our payment processing provider through an encrypted gateway. We only retain the user’s name and contact information in order to process the order. Once payment has been processed, the payment processor informs us whether the payment has been approved or declined, so that we can process the order. We only retain the truncated or encrypted billing information for our record purposes in accordance with applicable laws and our data retention policy or in case we must refund a payment. We decline any liability for the security of your payment card information stored on third party credit card processing companies.
Fraud Prevention and Protection of Legal Rights
We may disclose user information when (i) we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of the Company, its users, or others; (ii) a user has abused the Platform or gained unauthorized access to any system, engage in spamming, denial of service attacks, or similar attack; (iii) we need to do so to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims; (iv) we need to do so to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may have to disclose user information if a court, law enforcement or other public or government authority with appropriate jurisdiction requests that we provide that user information, and such request is made using the method required by law in the applicable jurisdiction, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or a court order, and we believe that such request is facially valid.
We may transfer user information to a third party in case of the reorganization, sale, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, asset or stocks, including in the event of bankruptcy or corporate restructuring. Except as otherwise provided by a bankruptcy or other court, the use and disclosure of all transferred user information will be subject to the policies described in this Privacy Notice.
Aggregate or Statistical Information
We generate aggregated or statistical information about the use of our Platform. This information is not intended to allow the identification of any specific user. We may provide this information to third parties such as our advisers or consultants for research, analytical or strategic purposes.
11. Advertising Choices
Interest Based Advertising
The information collected about a user’s use of our Platform, or across the Internet, the products in which the user appears to be interested, may be used to build an assumed profile of that user. To do so, our service provider may place or recognize a unique cookie on the user’s browser and use other techniques, such as pixel tags.
Information collected by Google Analytics is transmitted to, and stored by, Google in accordance with its privacy practices. To see an overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, please click here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
12. Privacy Choices
In addition to their Advertising Choices described in the section immediately above, users have numerous other choices regarding information pertaining to them.
If you receive commercial electronic communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the receipt of future commercial electronic communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications.
You may also opt out of receiving commercial electronic communications by logging in to your kithkitchens.com account, clicking on “My Account”, and selecting “Newsletters”. We will comply with your request(s) within ten (10) working days.
Please note that if you opt out of receiving commercial electronic communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages (such as updates about your account or service changes), and you cannot opt out from receiving these messages.
California grants additional rights, and requires additional disclosures, to users that reside in California regarding their rights, specifically:
California law requires that operators of only services inform California residents who have provided personal information that is primarily used for personal, family or household purposes that they may request provide information about the disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
We do not currently share users’ information with third parties for these third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If our practices change, we will notify you and offer the options specified by applicable law.
Some browsers give individuals the ability to communicate that they wish not to be tracked while browsing on the Internet. California law requires that we disclose to users how we treat do-not-track requests. The Internet industry has not yet agreed on a definition of what “Do Not Track” means, how compliance with “Do Not Track” would be measured or evaluated, or a common approach to responding to a “Do Not Track” signal. Consequently, due to the lack of guidance, we have not yet developed features that would recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals in response to California law.
In the meantime, there are technical means to prevent some of the tracking. See Section “Advertising Choices.”
13. Right to Access or Delete Information
Account Information and Profile Settings
Users have the right to review, change, or suppress personal information that we have collected from them. There are several ways to do this. You can update your account information and your profile settings by logging into your account.
You can also contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example because it is repetitive) and/or to charge a fee that takes into account the administrative costs for providing the information or the communication or taking the action requested.
We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request. Residual information may remain within our databases and other records, but it will no longer be tied to your identity.
14. Security; Information Retention
We seek to use reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative measures to protect user information within our control against unauthorized or unlawful access or processing, and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We believe that these measures are reasonably adapted to the nature of the information in our custody.
We limit access to our users’ information to only those employees and third parties who reasonably need access to it to perform the activities attached to their job responsibilities. We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for which we use it. However, no information transmission over the Internet, and no security system or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% effective or secure. Thus, we cannot guarantee the security of any information we may have collected or received from or about users.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), or if you suspect someone else is using your account, please let us know immediately by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
15. Links to Third Party Sites or Services
The Platform may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned, operated or controlled by Company. We have no control over, and are not responsible for the information collection and/or handling practices of such other websites or applications. The display, on the Platform, of a link to a third party’s website, app or service does not imply that (i) we endorse any of the third party’s products, services or information handling practices; or (ii) the third parties’ products, services or practices are covered by this Privacy Notice.
>> We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Platform, and to read the privacy statements of each website or app on which you land after you click on a link or social networking button.
Kith Kitchens is located at 280 N Industrial Loop, Haleyville, AL 35565.
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.